Thursday, July 10, 2008

Redding years




Malcolm was transferred to Redding, Ca where we lived for about 6 years and had two more sons, Russell and Daniel while we lived there. We had two homes - one on Merle Drive and One on Branstetter and enjoyed the time spent there and much growth and a few trials. Grandpa and Grandma Eastland came to visit at our home here in Redding. Although this was a very good experience living in Redding, there were many challenges during this time, which I am hopeful strengthened my faith and helped me understand the importance of prayer and hanging in there. I had some serious health problems and had a miscarrage after Dan was born - then found out I was expecting Amanda. Malcolm was living in Eureka for a year while I was trying to sell the home and prepare for another baby. Both our mother's came for different periods of time to help me during my illiness with Pnuemonia. There were many wonderful friends we made while living in Redding and lots of opportunities for service in te Redding 1st ward. I loved teaching Relief Society and Malcolm served in several callings there too.

No comments: